Charlie provides financial advisory and wealth services to high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals. Protecting and growing his client’s wealth, he specialises in ongoing investment management and administrative services. Charlie’s expertise and investment philosophy sees him personally responsible for over $1.5 billion of funds under management.
In 2003 Charlie spearheaded the implementation of our wealth division with a small portfolio, a phone book and a philosophy, “do the right thing by the clients, and the rest will follow” – and that it did. Fast forward a few years, under Charlie’s leadership, the wealth management division has grown to over $2.7 billion in client funds under management. This growth can be attributed to strong client service values and the recognition that people need more than investment advice, they need a holistic and cohesive wealth offering which includes structuring and upfront planning (getting all the right moneys to all the rights buckets), mortgage broking, insurance services, executive remuneration, income streaming – but most of all a genuine Trusted Adviser who can advise on their whole situation.
Charlie specialises in servicing clients with $5mil+ of investable moneys, adding real value around traditional asset management, and seeking out high quality specialist, alternative and private assets.
Taking a personal and proactive approach, Charlie works closely with his clients providing on-going strategic advice to help them achieve their long-term goals and objectives. His expertise and client outcomes was recognised by Barrons when he received the accolade of the No. 1 Adviser in Australia in the 2018 Adviser Rankings, followed by 4th in 2019, 15th in 2020, 10th in 2021, 4th in 2022 and 4th in 2023. He has also been recognised as one of Australia’s 50 most influential advisors in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022 by Financial Standard’s Power50.
With a passion for helping others understand how to manage their wealth, Charlie regularly appears in various print and online media platforms as well as appearing on various television programs.
Qualifications and memberships
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Services
- Certified Financial Planner
- Member – Financial Planning Association
- Affiliate Member – Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member – AFA
- Completed ‘Leading Professional Services Firms’ program at Harvard Business School
Awards and accolades
- Financial Standards Power 50 – Top 50 most influential advisers in Australia in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Barron’s Top Australian Financial Adviser – Ranked #1 in 2018, #4 in 2019, #15 in 2020, #10 in 2021, #4 in 2022 and #4 in 2023.
- Investment Advisory of the Year finalist, 2021 – IFA Excellence Awards 2021
- Partner of the Year, 2017 – SMSF and Accounting Awards
- Partner of the Year finalist, 2017 – Australian Accounting Awards