You have worked hard to build your wealth, so you want to be sure that everything you’ve earned is protected and passed on to your preferred beneficiaries. Estate planning provides you with a clear and legally sound plan to transition your wealth with certainty of outcome, financial efficiency and tax effectiveness.
Estate planning involves more than just updating your Will. It also coordinates the transition of any wealth or assets held in companies, family trusts, business enterprises or superannuation funds. Additionally, effective estate planning will cover the succession of your business interests.
The importance of estate planning
Covers every aspect of your wealth
Considers your personal wealth, as well as any wealth you may hold in companies, discretionary trusts, self-managed superannuation funds, and provides for potential inheritances.
Family business concerns
Addresses the process of passing on a family business or dealing with family debts.
Minimising capital gains tax
Assesses any property or assets which may be subject to capital gains tax.
Assistance in making a gift or donation to charity.
Covers such factors as care of dependent children, medical treatment and accommodation if you are incapacitated, as well as community and cultural requirements.
Offers flexibility in the ongoing distribution of wealth and assets to future children or grandchildren, or for asset protection purposes.
Peace of mind knowing your estate planning objectives are clearly stated and will be met.
- Identify outcomes you want to achieve in passing on your wealth
- Identify key concerns that must be dealt with
- Identify where and how your wealth is held
- List your significant assets and confirm how they are owned or controlled
- Discussion and documentation of your decisions
- Advice and guidance on key concerns and arrangements
- Delivery of your estate plan to your lawyers to draft required legal documents, including Wills, powers of attorney, trust deed amendments, superannuation benefit nominations and family agreements
- Ongoing reviews of your estate plan as your circumstances change and wealth grows
Estate planning can be a complex and sometimes daunting process, but our experienced advisors can guide you through in a more accessible and straightforward way. We cut through the jargon and present you with a clear estate plan that can be shared with family members and beneficiaries, and used by specialist lawyers as the basis of your legal documents.