Sydney student careers
At Pitcher Partners Sydney, our student programs will enable you to experience the diverse range of career pathways that can only be found in a full-service accounting and advisory firm. Get hands-on with real projects and real clients, and engage with a wide variety of middle market businesses, from major international brands and family run businesses to government and not-for-profit organisations. Benefit from regular interaction with partners and senior managers with our personalised mentoring and support.
Want to hear from some of our graduates? You can read their stories here.
Hear from Claire about her Pitcher Partners experience so far.
A program for every stage
- For students in their penultimate year of university
- Applications accepted from students undertaking Business and Commerce degrees
- The program runs between November and February
- Vacationers work full time over two three-week placements
- This is a pathway progression to our graduate program
- For university students in their final year of school or first year of university
- Cadets work in conjunction with their university studies
- The program commences in March and is ongoing
- Cadets work full time and receive a half day per week to attend university
- For students who have completed university within the last two years
- The program commences in February and is ongoing
- Graduates work full time in a permanent position
- Positions are available in our Tax Consulting, Business Advisory and Assurance, and Private Business and Family Advisory service lines
- Graduates are provided ongoing training and development
Student programs are structured to ensure you are supported throughout your entire journey, from induction and during project activity to the conclusion of the program.
- Buddy system
- Technical and soft-skill training
- Personal and professional development
- Networking opportunities
- Clear career progression pathways
Pitcher Partners tax professionals manage a range of taxation issues. As legislative experts with longstanding institutional relationships with the ATO, we advocate for effective tax legislation that benefits middle market businesses and organisations.
Our tax advisors advise on income taxes, capital gains taxes, international taxes, transaction taxes and employment taxes, all in the context of structuring transactions and organisations to legitimately minimise their tax liability.
Pitchers Partners enables middle market businesses to navigate the complexities of their industries and the wider market by identifying opportunities and risks and recommending solutions. By applying a risk-based audit and review methodology, a thorough understanding of the challenges facing a business is achieved, pinpointing areas where they need expert support, advice and action.
Assurance engagements can include assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts, year end reporting, income tax returns and activity statements. We also provide general advice to enable boards of directors, audit committees and business owners to make informed business decisions and bring clarity to day-to-day operations.
Private Business and Family Advisory team members work predominantly with privately run businesses, including family businesses, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. Large and small businesses have the comfort of retaining control and decision-making power, knowing that all day-to-day administration and monitoring is being undertaken by a dedicated professional and experienced team.
Team members specialise in monthly and quarterly reporting assistance, annual compliance, preparation of management accounting, financial statements, income tax returns and business activity statements. Additional services are offered in forecasting, budgeting, superannuation and investment holding structuring.