Pitcher Partners Newcastle is a Professional Chartered Accounting firm located on the harbour of Wickham. Due to on-going growth we currently have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and driven Trainee to join the team and grow their career with us.
As a trainee you will gain valuable experience working with a wide variety of clients in a professional environment where you can apply what you have or are learning at university into practice. You will be provided with a mentor who will support and guide you on the tasks set to you, which will help develop your skills. You will also be provided with extensive training, coaching and personal development courses that will assist you in establishing your professional career.
You will become a part of a fast growing business unit with a broad spread of clients, allowing scope for variety for the successful application. The clientele not only have the broad accounting and taxation needs typical of a mid-tier practice, but the team conducts unique advisory services and has a niche market reputation, providing unrivalled opportunities, and strong interaction with all other business units with the firm. Our structure provides easy access to all of our Partners, whilst working predominantly for the team Manager.
If you have just graduated, you will be offered study support towards CA if not already attained. It is expected that applicants are motivated, self starting individuals who embrace change and innovation. They are passionate about developing a career in professional services.
The candidate will ideally be nearing completion of an accounting degree or has graduated in the last two years.
You will need to be an Australian Citizen or PR holder in order to be eligible to apply.
We are particularly looking for:
- A confident demeanour and the ability to build relationships with clients, and earn their respect
- Reporting skills – comfortable attending to all types of corporate, trust, super and individual accounting and taxation compliance needs of a simple to moderate complexity
- Taxation & accounting technical skills – with an ability to demonstrate a working application of technical issues in the work environment.
- Problem solving skills – you will be able to demonstrate the ability to “think outside the square”
- An entrepreneurial spirit
Our business is structured so that over the longer term, you will develop your own career path and build your own job profile. You will be supported and encouraged to achieve your own goals and objectives, and will be rewarded for displaying entrepreneurial initiative.
Interested? To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]