Making Careers Personal at Pitcher Partners Perth.
Working at Pitcher Partners gives you greater control of your career.
Our Pitcher Partners mission is to be the leading accounting firm servicing the middle market, this has not changed despite our outstanding growth and success. We know our people are what makes us successful, and this is why we provide a flexible and supportive environment that enables our staff to perform at their very best.
We’re looking for people who count!
- Perth, Western Australia
- Permanent full-time role or 2+ year contract
- Diverse workforce comprising 8 partner practice (25% female) and 60 employees (>50% female)
- 8th largest Accounting firm in Australia
Your new role
An opportunity is available for a full-time, Assistant Manager or Manager to join our Perth Business Advisory and Assurance team. This role will primarily provide accurate and timely audit services to our clients and assistance to the BA&A team.
- Planning of audit and other assurance engagements for a diverse client based in the middle market including listed entities and large proprietary companies.
- Risk identification and risk management on assurance engagements.
- Managing a portfolio of engagements to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Other advisory and workpaper preparation on behalf our client base to assist them with ensuring their financial information is in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards.
- Building and maintaining new and existing client relationships, acting as a central contact point for assigned engagements.
- Providing clients with value added services as part of the engagement.
- Attending and presenting client planning and close out meetings for each engagement.
- Preparing and presenting Professional Development training sessions for key issues within the accounting industry.
- Both preparation and review of General and Special Purpose Financial Statements in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards.
- Completion and review of audit working papers on medium and large engagements.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior and intermediate personnel.
What you bring
To be considered for this role, you will be:
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualified
- 4+ years of Audit experience ideally from a Big 4 or mid-tier firm.
- Exemplary technical audit knowledge with exposure to tax and advisory services.
- Broad commercial expertise and judgment | Analytical | High attention to detail.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills | Main contact for most jobs, often dealing with more senior members of client staff.
- Intimate understanding of clients and our business, suggesting ways we can improve the clients or our own business or procedures.
- Able to write technical letters and reports.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
What we bring
At Pitcher Partners we pride ourselves on creating a positive, energetic and diverse work environment – one that is based on teamwork, learning and open communication. We offer flexible working opportunities, exceptional training programs, mentoring and other benefits including time-in-lieu.
With a culture that is welcoming, supportive and provides long term career paths for high performing professionals, this is an exceptional opportunity that should not be missed.
How to apply
If you are a team player who is self motivated, with excellent communication skills as well as having the right experience within an audit setting, then we would love to hear from you. Imagine your career at Pitcher Partners.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.
Pitcher Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent resident to apply for this role.