Your new career
As a Senior Auditor, you will bring your commercial focus to our clients and team. Reporting to the Audit Manager(s), you will be responsible for planning audit engagements, supervising junior audit staff during audit fieldwork and ensuring outcomes comply with internal quality compliance and Australian Auditing Standards. This is a permanent full-time role, Monday to Friday, based in the Brisbane office. The successful candidate will be required to travel to clients which may involve weekly or fortnightly stays.
The successful applicant will
- Demonstrate effective project management skills for an allocated pipeline of audit engagements
- Liaise directly with clients finance staff to deliver the audit engagement that is aligned with the client needs and the firm’s audit methodology
- Supervise and coach junior audit staff during audit fieldwork
- Have strong communication skills and provide regular updates to their audit manager on the status of their audit engagements as well as significant audit issues identified
- Perform some review of audit work papers prepared by junior audit staff
- Deliver high quality audit services, this includes:
- preparation of job budgets and staff work allocations for audit engagements
- conducting and documenting audit planning and completion procedures
- drafting the report to the audit committee / board of directors
- review / compilation of statutory financial statements prepared under IFRS and relevant regulations
- preparing the audit opinion over the financial statements under relevant regulations
- Complete other assurance engagements as they arise e.g. Review Engagements
- Contribute toward a positive and supportive audit team culture, and assist audit staff to manage priorities and navigate through audit peak periods
In return, the successful applicant will be rewarded with a number of benefits including:
- Flexibility to work from home
- Income Protection Insurance
- Modern and contemporary office environment
- Discounted health insurance
- Active social club and regular team events
- An inclusive and supportive team culture
What you will bring
As an ideal candidate, you will have a Commerce or Business degree majoring in Accounting, CA/CPA qualified. With at least 3 years’ experience as an External Auditor with a mid-tier or top-tier audit firm, you will have:
- Demonstrated commercial and client focus
- Exceptional client skills, including building authentic relationships and proactively managing client expectations throughout the assurance engagement
- Established assurance/audit skills and an understanding of audit techniques and methods
- An understanding of IFRS or Australian Accounting Standards (AASB), Australian Auditing Standards (ASA) and relevant legislation applicable to assurance engagements
- Refined ability to manage multiple deadlines with flexibility where client and team needs shift
- Desire to work in a team based environment, leading others and appropriately managing up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in relation to Microsoft Office Packages
- Experience using Caseware Working Papers
- Passion to develop, coach and lead others
Why we’re the right fit for you
Pitcher Partners’ (JRB Services Pty Ltd trading as Pitcher Partners Brisbane) aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that is supportive of your needs and enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a career path that suits your interests and expertise, and be recognised and rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
Pitcher Partners’ (JRB Services Pty Ltd trading as Pitcher Partners Brisbane) Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, public companies, large family owned businesses, local government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a broad range of industries.
You will work closely with your assigned clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- Close interaction with partners, managers and a dedicated mentor;
- Regular technical training and innovative professional development;
- A collaborative and supportive team environment to enable you to realise your potential
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
If you believe you have the skills, motivation and the commitment required for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and academic transcript via the link below.
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
The base salary for this role starts at $76,000 + superannuation + bonus incentives.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.