JRB Services Pty Ltd (trading as Pitcher Partners) is a leading network of independent Australian firms, working together to enable growth and ambition for our clients. And our people.
When you join Pitcher Partners, you’re joining a team with heart. We support each other. We learn together. We’re deliberate about fostering relationships that nurture and empower every individual. And we’re excited by what’s possible. We know some of the best new ideas come in the form of curious, talented people we haven’t met yet. Perhaps you’re one of them.
We are a team of 21 partners and 230 people that is growing to meet the demand of our clientele.
About the role
As a Senior Auditor, you will bring your commercial focus to our clients and team. Reporting to the Audit Manager(s), you will be responsible for planning audit engagements, supervising junior audit staff during audit fieldwork and ensuring outcomes comply with internal quality compliance and Australian Auditing Standards.
This is a permanent full-time role, Monday to Friday, based in the Brisbane CBD office. The successful candidate will be required to travel to clients which may involve weekly or fortnightly stays.
The successful candidate will be required to work from the Brisbane, Queensland office (this is not a remote working role). For international applicants, we will assist the right person with relocation expenses.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills for an allocated pipeline of audit engagements
- Liaise directly with clients finance staff to deliver the audit engagement that is aligned with the client needs and the firm’s audit methodology
- Supervise and coach junior audit staff during audit fieldwork
- Have strong communication skills and provide regular updates to their audit manager on the status of their audit engagements as well as significant audit issues identified
- Perform some review of audit work papers prepared by junior audit staff
- Deliver high quality audit services, this includes:
- preparation of job budgets and staff work allocations for audit engagements
- conducting and documenting audit planning and completion procedures
- drafting the report to the audit committee / board of directors
- review / compilation of statutory financial statements prepared under IFRS and relevant regulations
- preparing the audit opinion over the financial statements under relevant regulations
- Complete other assurance engagements as they arise e.g. Review Engagements
- Contribute toward a positive and supportive audit team culture, and assist audit staff to manage priorities and navigate through audit peak periods
Who we’re after
Here are the key qualifications, skills and personal attributes we’re looking for. If you tick most of the boxes, but not all, we’d still encourage you to apply. Other capabilities you have may make you the perfect fit for the role, and we can work on filling the gaps together.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a Commerce or Business degree majoring in Accounting, CA/CPA qualified. With at least 3 years’ experience as an External Auditor with a mid-tier or top-tier audit firm, you will have:
- Demonstrated commercial and client focus
- Exceptional client skills, including building authentic relationships and proactively managing client expectations throughout the assurance engagement
- Established assurance/audit skills and an understanding of audit techniques and methods
- An understanding of IFRS or Australian Accounting Standards (AASB), Australian Auditing Standards (ASA) and relevant legislation applicable to assurance engagements
- Refined ability to manage multiple deadlines with flexibility where client and team needs shift
- Desire to work in a team based environment, leading others and appropriately managing up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in relation to Microsoft Office Packages
- Experience using Caseware Working Papers
- Passion to develop, coach and lead others
What we offer
At Pitcher Partners we believe success is better shared. That’s why we invest in the future of everyone who works with us, and a culture that supports us all. Our inhouse leadership and professional development programs are tailored to your staff level and each explore how to lead with impact.
Join a team with heart
We actively support your health and social connection with a vibrant culture, great flexible working policy, paid parental leave, Employee Assistance program and more.
Do work with a purpose
We put a lot of energy into developing meaningful relationships with our clients and each other. It results in a level of trust that creates surprising opportunities for our business. And your career.
Bring your best ideas
We’re inspired by potential. We know there’s always a better way to do something. So we foster an environment of openness. Great ideas can come from anywhere. It all starts with listening.
- Flexible Work Arrangements – ‘Work Where you need to Be’
- Income Protection Insurance?
- Free fortnightly lunch
- Discounted health insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Active social club
- Regular sporting and team events
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Dress for your day policy
- Modern, city-central office environment with lavish end of trip facilities
How to apply
If you can see yourself as part of a team that’s all about people doing meaningful work, and leading
with the best ideas, we want to hear from you. Submit your application via the link.
Actively improving diversity in our workforce is central to our purpose, and we strongly encourage people from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.?
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.??
The base salary for this role starts at $88,000 + superannuation + bonus incentives.