Your new career
We are seeking a new Intermediate Accountant to join our Private Business & Family Advisory division. With direct exposure to clients, you will work within a dynamic team and have access to mentoring and a breadth of clients. You will be a collaborative team player and deliver a range of taxation, financial and business advisory services. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Accountant with a solid background in business services, looking to take their career to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a sophisticated client base.
Key components of your new role:
- Prepare and be integral to complex accounting and taxation engagements
- Be a regular point of contact for your clients, ensuring consistency in exceptional client service
- Collaborating as part of a team and working with Managers and Partners towards client success
Who we’re after
Outlined below is the overview of the qualifications, skills and personal attributes we’re looking for.
As the ideal candidate, you will be degree-qualified and in the process of completing your CA/CPA qualification.
With relevant expertise as an Accountant in a business advisory environment, you will have:
- Business/Commerce degree majoring in accounting (dual degree with Law desirable)
- Ability to understand client needs and exhibit a high level of client service
- Experience with preparing GST, FBT and payroll tax returns
- Experience with most aspects of accounting and tax compliance, including preparation of financial statements, tax reconciliations, income tax returns and tax effect accounting for companies, trusts and tax consolidated groups
- Desire to develop tax advisory skills
- Ability to use, navigate and troubleshoot common client accounting software packages (i.e. MYOB and Xero), and larger enterprise products (an advantage)
- Well-refined oral and written communication skills
- Comprehensive Microsoft Excel skills and ability to efficiently work with large datasets
- Adaptable to engage a wide range of growing clients
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Ability to integrate with the team and collaborate effectively
What we offer
At Pitcher Partners we believe success is better shared. That’s why we invest in the future of everyone who works with us, and a culture that supports us all. Our inhouse leadership and professional development programs are tailored to your staff level and each explore how to lead with impact.
Join a team with heart
We actively support your health and social connection with a vibrant culture, great flexible working policy, paid parental leave, Employee Assistance program and more.
Do work with a purpose
We put a lot of energy into developing meaningful relationships with our clients and each other. It results in a level of trust that creates surprising opportunities for our business. And your career.
Bring your best ideas
We’re inspired by potential. We know there’s always a better way to do something. We foster an environment of openness. Great ideas can come from anywhere. It all starts with listening.
- Flexible Work Arrangements – ‘Work Where you need to Be’
- Income Protection Insurance
- Free fortnightly lunch
- Discounted health insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Active social club
- Regular sporting and team events
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Dress for your day policy
- Modern, city-central office environment with lavish end of trip facilities
How to apply
If you can see yourself as part of a team that’s all about people doing meaningful work, and leading with the best ideas, we want to hear from you. Submit your application via the link.
Actively improving diversity in our workforce is central to our purpose, and we strongly encourage people from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.