Making Careers Personal at Pitcher Partners Perth.
Working at Pitcher Partners Perth gives you greater control of your career.
Our Pitcher Partners mission is to be the leading accounting firm servicing the middle market, this has not changed despite our outstanding growth and success. We know our people are what makes us successful, and this is why we provide a flexible and supportive environment that enables our staff to perform at their very best.
We’re looking for people who can count!
- Perth, Western Australia
- Permanent full-time role
- Diverse workforce comprising 8 partner practice (25% female) and 60 employees
Your new role
An opportunity is available for a full-time Auditor to join our Perth Audit and Assurance team. This role will primarily provide accurate and timely audit services to our clients and assistance to the Audit and Assurance team. In this role you will:
- be responsible for contributing towards high level work for review from a diverse client base in the middle market including listed entities and large proprietary companies.
- displays appropriate knowledge and understanding of client’s business to assist in developing an appropriate audit approach in compliance with Pitcher Partner’s Global Focus Audit Methodology.
- read, understand and follow audit planning memo and audit program.
- Be involved in the planning phase of audits (appropriate to level) and developing audit plans as required.
- undertake field work for financial and compliance audits including interim and final testing.
- prepare work papers in accordance with Audit Methodology, preparation of clear and concise reports.
- fully use Audit software program Caseware and advise junior staff on usage.
- prepare statutory financial statements.
- prepare basic tax computations.
- apply computer simulations and computer assisted techniques in performing audit engagements.
- draft technical memo’s for manager and partner review.
- provide feedback to staff on a regular basis during and at completion of assignments.
- liaise with Managers to ensure jobs are reviewed and completed on time.
- assist with non-audit engagements, including due diligence, other advisory services (including consulting) and litigation support.
- supervise junior personnel.
What you bring
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of audit experience ideally from a Big 4 or mid-tier firm.
- Thorough working knowledge of accounting standards, as well as a detailed understanding of the audit process and audit risk assessment.
- Ability to prepare work paper files in accordance with firm and divisional standards and train junior staff in this regard.
- Proven ability to delegate lower level work to junior staff where it is cost effective.
- Recent experience in an Australian firm with listed companies.
Why we are the right fit for you
Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a range of industries. You will work closely with clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- close interaction with partners;
- regular technical training and innovative professional development; and
- a supportive social environment and community projects.
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.