State and territory governments have announced a range of tax relief measures in response to COVID-19.
Last updated 14 May 2020
The latest round of support includes provisions for:
- Payroll tax: State and territory governments announce JobKeeper-related payroll tax exemptions for eligible employers.
Updated 30 April 2020
- Land tax: Discount measures for eligible land owners in various jurisdictions.
- Payroll tax: All states and territories have now announced payroll tax relief for eligible parties.
Updated 18 April 2020
- Land tax: Victoria’s State Revenue Office (SRO) announced land tax discounts for eligible landlords. Learn more here.
Updated 15 April 2020
- Land tax: Discounts available for eligible land owners in VIC, NSW, QLD and ACT that are tied to rent relief provided to tenants, as well as land tax payment deferrals.
- Payroll tax: Relief has been expanded in certain jurisdictions.
Updated 1 April 2020
- Gaming Levy and liquor licensing: Several states have introduced gaming and liquor licensing support measures for eligible operators including jurisdiction-specific waiver of licensing fees, gaming tax deferrals and more. Refer to the full list for more information.
- Payroll tax: New South Wales has broadened payroll tax support now enabling eligible employers to defer payroll tax for an additional three months, and up to six months for certain businesses.
- Congestion car parking: New South Wales has deferred the parking space levy until 30 September 2020.
- Land tax: South Australia announced an increase to relief under the Land Tax Transition Fund.
- Fire Services Levy and Emergency Services Levy: The ACT has frozen the 2020-21 levy at the current 2019-20 level.
Updated 30 March 2020
- Payroll tax: Jurisdiction-specific supplementary support measures in Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Northern Territory including state-specific payroll tax waivers, refunds or rebates.
- Land tax: South Australia has allowed deferral of land tax instalments for up to six months, while Tasmania has waived land taxes for commercial properties for FY20/21 for eligible parties.
- Tax administration: New measures from the Western Australian Government including remission of penalty taxes and interest-free payments for eligible taxpayers.
The team at Pitcher Partners stands ready to assist clients to access the measures, including applications for deferral of liabilities and payment plans.