Providing world-class, innovative, career-oriented professional post graduate and undergraduate programmes
In 2008 they embarked on a global expansion program to establish overseas university campuses for their students. They were experiencing excessive demand with over 250,000 applications for 25,000 placement opportunities in their MBA program. Their objective was (1) to give their students an international dimension to their studies, (2) to give them first-hand experiences of living in another country, (3) to enable them to share their new experiences with their friends and family in India and (4) to help modernise India.
As part of their global expansion program they identified several cities to establish campuses in and these included London, Switzerland, South Africa and Adelaide. Within these individual cities, each campus was to develop a close relationship with a local University. In Adelaide’s case, a close relationship with the University of South Australia was developed.
Pitcher Partners came onboard to help establish a higher education institution capable of awarding Masters of Business Administration (MBA) qualifications both in its own right and in conjunction with the University of South Australia and accredited within the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
ASSIGNMENT DETAIL & OUR ROLE
In the early days we had a comprehensive and multifaceted brief. This included the following:
- Researching into the appropriate vehicle / legal structure to operate this venture in
- Preparation of the inaugural Business Plan including budgets, cash flows and identification of cash injection required
- Project managing and coordinating the efforts of other consultants such as Lawyers, Migration Agents, and Academic Consultants etc
- Providing a central contact liaison point for local and overseas advisers and Board Members
We were also required to establish the inaugural Board of Directors and the inaugural Corporate Governance Framework which included:
- Appointment of the inaugural Chief Executive Officer / Academic Registrar
- Assisting with the selection of the inaugural campus and provision of Information Technology support such as installation of hardware and software and ongoing maintenance of their IT infrastructure
- Provision of statutory Audit services and provision of internal review services
- One of our Principals attending regular board meetings to provide strategic advice
- One of our staff acting as the inaugural company secretary supporting the Board to implement their decisions
In November 2010 our client was recognised by the South Australian and Federal Education Departments as a higher education institution and the Board is considering expanding the Adelaide model to interstate and overseas cities.