Sue has over thirty years’ experience providing financial and investment advice and has achieved a well-deserved industry-wide reputation. In 2019 she was named The Australian and Barron’s top Financial Adviser in Australia – the first woman to achieve such an accolade.
Sue oversees a large yet cohesive Investment Advisory practice. The team provides investment advisory, investment management, portfolio administration reporting and analysis services to private clients, family groups, superannuation funds and not-for-profit and membership organisations.
Undertaking her qualifications in investment advisory in the mid-1990s, Sue was aware that stockbrokers dominated the industry and a client-focussed, professional-services ethos was rare. With a passion for helping individuals, charities and smaller institutions to protect, build and deploy wealth, she joined Pitcher Partners with a mandate to establish something unique for the marketplace.
Today, Sue believes that although the technical elements required of investment advisory can be learned, it is those with an insatiable curiosity, sincere interest in the markets and politics, and a genuine ability to nurture relationships who successfully build wealth over time for clients in a role such as hers. Sue’s dedicated client base value her clear and regular communication, investment in their financial wellbeing, and interest in the wider impact of their family affairs and community impact.
Prior to joining Pitcher Partners, Sue was a trained economist and worked as an accountant in both the profession and industry. She subsequently held a number of senior financial positions in the Victorian Government Departments of Premier and Cabinet and Treasury and Finance.
Sue joined Pitcher Partners Melbourne in 1998 and was admitted to the partnership in 2003. Within the firm she serves on the Income Committee and Chairs the Investment Committee.
Memberships and qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Melbourne)
- Master of Business Administration (University of Melbourne)
- GradDip of Applied Finance and Investment (Securities Institute of Australia)
- Fellow of Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FFin)
- Fellow of the Australian Superannuation Funds Association (FASFA)
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (FAIST)
- Fellow of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants (FCPA)
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD)