Michael is a qualified Chartered Accountant, Registered Company Auditor and holder of a Certificate of Public Practice with the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and provides audit and assurance services to a range of clients including ASX listed companies, Not-For-Profit organisations, charities and privately held entities.
With his strong understanding of accounting best practice and substantial experience in assisting clients to address accounting and business issues, Michael ensures a technically accurate, but pragmatic outcome bringing value to the audit relationship over and above a compliance exercise.
Although experienced across all aspects of business advisory services, Michael specifically enjoys working in the Not-For-Profit space and is part of the leadership group for the Pitcher Partners Perth Not-for-Profit Focus Group.
As a proactive member of the Audit and Assurance team, Michael frequently presents at the Pitcher Partners Boardroom Series informing Not-For-Profit organisations on the link between financial reporting and good governance.
With his approachable, responsive and reliable nature, Michael prides himself on providing a high-quality professional service. He has an ease for developing long term client relationships, through his commitment for considering current and future objectives across the business, providing open and clear communication channels and tailoring solutions to clients’ unique operations.
Working in the UK and Australia, Michael has gained experience across a wide variety of industries and organisations; state, national and international. However, he treats every new client task as an opportunity to learn more and challenge himself, maximising the value he offers.
Starting his career in the UK for a small accountancy practice, Michael quickly moved to a Big Four firm, working his way up in both the UK and Australia. Michael joined Pitcher Partners Perth in 2019.
Qualifications and memberships
- Certificate of Public Practice holder – Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Company Auditor – Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Chartered Accountant – Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow Chartered Accountant – Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Business and Finance Professional – Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Bachelor of Art Honours (Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom)