Below is a range of solutions to help you and your business stay on top of your payroll obligations.
1. Seek appropriate advice
As a business owner, it is your responsibility to stay informed of payroll processes and changes – but this can be challenging. Take appropriate advice from a trusted advisor in relation to current Industry Awards and employee entitlement requirements.
2. Document your processes
Understand and document your payroll processes and control environment and implement better practice process and control enhancements to reduce risk of non-compliance in payroll processes.
3. Review systems and processes:
Review current payroll systems and processes to ensure they have been setup correctly and are capable of handling your employee arrangements.
4. Analyse historical payroll compliance:
Analyse and audit historical payroll compliance to ensure obligations have been met.
5. Ensure good governance:
Ensure board and management are appropriately educated on employment obligations and requirements.
A trusted advisor
If you are seeking support or advice to manage and meet your employee payroll obligations, Pitcher Partners can assist in a number of ways:
- Performing a Health Check of your current payroll processes and systems to identify areas of control weakness and risk and make recommendations for better practice process and governance improvements
- Undertaking a data analysis review of your payroll systems using software analytical tools including working with your employment law expert to perform recalculation of payments made to employees to identify potential under or over payments.
- Reviewing current payroll systems to ensure they have been appropriately set up to meet and capture Award, EBA and taxation requirements
- Assisting in the selection and implementation of a payroll system to appropriately meet your business requirements and employer obligations
- Performing an assessment of employment tax compliance including WorkCover, Payroll Tax, FBT, Pay as You Go Withholding and Single Touch Payroll setup and reporting.
To discuss your payroll challenges contact your Pitcher Partners expert.