Pitcher Partners is a leading network of independent Australian firms, working together to enable growth and ambition for our clients. And our people.
When you join Pitcher Partners, you’re joining a team with heart. We support each other. We learn together. We’re deliberate about fostering relationships that nurture and empower every individual.
And we’re excited by what’s possible. We know some of the best new ideas come in the form of curious, talented people we haven’t met yet. Perhaps you’re one of them.
We are a team of 23 partners and 240 people that is growing to meet the demand of our clientele.
About the role
As our Valuations Manager, your role will be to manage the broader valuations engagements providing high quality, independent and reliable valuations advice to our clients.
As a manager, you will utilise your own valuations skills and technical knowledge, work on a range of different engagements and take ownership of projects. You will be required to transfer this knowledge, by developing a team and delegating work to your peers to assist them in their career paths.
The core accountabilities include taking ownership on analysis and writing reports, building relationships with the team and clients, and being a trusted adviser and great valuer.
The successful candidate will be required to work from the Brisbane, Queensland office (this is not a remote working role). For international applicants, we will assist the right person with relocation expenses.
- Conducting detailed analysis of financial data to ensure accuracy of valuation
- Identify issues and prepare questions for discussion with clients
- Lead client management interviews
- Manage writing the business valuation report
- Form a view on a client’s business and equity value for discussion with Director/Partner
- Identify and prepare detailed analysis of comparable companies/transactions’
- Become proficient in a wider range of valuation services including Purchase Price Allocations (PPAs) / Intangible Asset Valuations, Convertible Notes, Employee Equity Valuations, and Impairment Testing
- Take responsibility for most of the analysis and report preparation for the above valuations
- Effectively manage and track the WIP for the duration of the project, ensuring the team are kept up to date and any potential issues are communicated in a timely manner
- Provide input into business development activities
- Identify opportunities for new work and connections
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Mentor, manage and support junior members of the team; provide effective guidance, answer queries, review work and support them in progressing their career
- Collaborate and build effective relationships with both internal stakeholders and clients
Who we’re after
Outlined below is the overview of the qualifications, skills and personal attributes we’re looking for.
As an ideal candidate, you will have at least 4 years experience working in a valuations role, ideally within a professional services firm, with an accounting related Bachelor degree and membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or equivalent. You will have:
- Worked on a range of business valuations including exposure to intangible assets, options and impairment testing
- Knowledge of business valuations and methodologies
- Experience interpreting financial statements
- Experience in modelling financial, economic, or operational data
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice valuations
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Analytical and problem-solving skills supported by strong Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well developed computer literacy to ensure efficiency & productivity, specifically in relation to applications of the Microsoft Office Package
- Team oriented individual with strong interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Think outside the box in order to identify better ways of working
- Able to self-manage and work effectively under pressure
- A strong desire to challenge yourself to develop your career
What we offer
At Pitcher Partners we believe success is better shared. That’s why we invest in the future of everyone who works with us, and a culture that supports us all. Our inhouse leadership and professional development programs are tailored to your staff level and each explore how to lead with impact.
Join a team with heart
We actively support your health and social connection with a vibrant culture, great flexible working policy, paid parental leave, Employee Assistance program and more.
Do work with a purpose
We put a lot of energy into developing meaningful relationships with our clients and each other. It results in a level of trust that creates surprising opportunities for our business. And your career.
Bring your best ideas
We’re inspired by potential. We know there’s always a better way to do something. So we foster an environment of openness. Great ideas can come from anywhere. It all starts with listening.
- Flexible Work Arrangements – ‘Work Where you need to Be’
- Income Protection Insurance?
- Free fortnightly lunch
- Discounted health insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Active social club
- Regular sporting and team events
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Dress for your day policy
- Modern, city-central office environment with lavish end of trip facilities
How to apply
If you can see yourself as part of a team that’s all about people doing meaningful work, and leading with the best ideas, we want to hear from you. Submit your application via the link.
Actively improving diversity in our workforce is central to our purpose, and we strongly encourage people from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.?
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.??
While we appreciate the role recruitment agencies play in our recruitment strategy, unsolicited CV’s will not be considered.