Pitcher Partners Sydney is a Professional Chartered Accounting firm
located in the heart of the CBD. We are leading network of independent firms,
working together to enable growth and ambition for our clients and our people.
When you join Pitcher Partners, you’re joining a team with heart. We
support each other. We learn together. We’re deliberate about fostering
relationships that nourish and empower every individual and we’re excited by
what’s possible. We know some of the best new ideas come in the form of
curious, talented people we haven’t met yet. Perhaps you’re one of them.
Due to on-going growth we currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Audit Manager to join the team.
The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for managing the audit engagement by defining the audit strategy, in consultation with the Partner, and executing it in compliance with internal policies and protocols.
Key responsibilities will include but limited to:
- Responsible for delivering high level work for review
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- 40% hands on Auditing and 60% Leadership (encompassing reviewing, delegating and mentoring)
- Establishes and/or confirms budgets
- Assists in the presentation of findings and discuss issues with Audit Committee.
- The preparation and review of financial statement and analysis and documentation of internal controls and control environments
- Responsible for the development of business and leveraging current relationships to generate more work.
- Assisting in the due diligence process (As Required)
- Preparation of expert reports
- Drafts invoices and follows up with debtors
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients’ business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver these to clients.
- Litigation support
- Conduct Internal training sessions
Who we are after:
Here are the key qualifications, skills and personal attributes we’re
looking for. If you tick most of the boxes, but not all, we’d still encourage
you to apply. Other capabilities you have may make you the perfect fit for the
role, and we can work on filling the gaps together.
- CA/CPA Qualified with a minimum of 7 years within the chartered profession
- Exemplary technical audit knowledge with exposure to tax & advisory services
- Must have experience with listed entities
- Perform analytical, high end and value adding areas of work
- Experience leading and maintaining high performance teams
- Main contact for most jobs, often dealing with more senior members of client staff
- Intimate understanding of clients and our business, suggesting ways we can improve the clients or our own business or procedures
- Able to write technical letters and reports
The salary range for this role is $140,000-$155,000 package (inclusive of superannuation). This is based on level of experience.
What we offer:
At Pitcher Partners we believe success is better shared. That’s why we
invest in the future of every person who works with us, and a culture that
supports us all.
Join a team with heart: We actively support your health and
social connection with a vibrant culture, great flexible working policy, 18
weeks paid parental leave accessible after 12 months, and much more.
Do work with a purpose: We put a lot of energy into
developing meaningful relationships with our clients. It results in a level of
trust that creates surprising opportunities for our business and your career.
Bring your best ideas: We’re inspired by potential. We know
there’s always a better way to do something. So we foster an environment of
openness. Great ideas can come from anywhere. It all starts with listening.
If this sounds like you or you know anyone in your network that will be
suitable to this role please APPLY NOW or email your cover letter and CV to