Your new career
Our Private Business Family Advisory division includes a sub practice group processing tax compliance for high net wealth individuals, small businesses, and investment entities. This group has been operating for a couple of years and due to continued growth is looking to expand the team. We are now looking to employ a permanent part-time or full-time qualified accountant to assist with processing the annual tax and accounting compliance tasks. The position is flexible and once trained, can be performed remotely. The successful candidate, if working fully remote, would be required to attend the Brisbane City office for two weeks of face-to-face onboarding and training, and could then continue their work remotely thereon. There is an option to work either part-time or full-time, between 30 to 40 hours per week. There may be a requirement to attend the Brisbane office for a week, biannually, for continued training and development.
Critical deliverables of the role include:
- Complete assigned Private Business and Family Advisory accounting work beyond a ‘process Compliance’ standard, to meet client needs and contribute to effective practice management
- Review client files and preparing first draft financial and tax documents for management review
- Work on a variety of entities across different industry sectors
- The ability to delegate with ownership and responsibility
What you will bring
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Business/Commerce degree majoring in Accounting
- Completed or be completing your CA/CPA qualification
- 4+ years’ experience in professional services
- Solid tax technical knowledge and accounting skills
- Ability to integrate with a team and collaborate effectively
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to understand client needs and tailoring service
- Ability to use, navigate and troubleshoot common client accounting software packages (ie MYOB, Xero)
- High level of analytical and problem solving ability
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
In return, we will provide:
- Flexible work arrangements – option to work 100% remote (outside of initial, and 6 monthly training)
- Opportunity to work within a professional services firm
- Be a part of a tight knit and collaborative team
- Income Protection Insurance
- Dress For Your Day Policy
- Regular social events
- Modern, city-central location with lavish end of trip facilities
Why we’re the right fit for you
A role at Pitcher Partners is more than a job. It’s a calling; an opportunity to grow; flexibility to enjoy your personal commitments; and recognition in a supportive community.
Pitcher Partners’ aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here you’ll be be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a range of industries. You will benefit from:
- A dedicated mentor;
- Regular technical training; and
- A supportive social environment
If you believe you have the skills, motivation and the commitment required for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and academic transcript via the link below.
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.