A role at Pitcher Partners is more than a job. It’s a calling; an opportunity to grow; flexibility to enjoy your personal commitments; and recognition in a supportive community.
Pitcher Partners aspires to be the leading professional services and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a role that works for you and be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
Your new role
Our high performing Risk Services practice assesses the activities and risks our clients face and finds ways to improve their business practices. As the facilitator of strategic and organisational change, the Risk team makes a real difference to clients by identifying their untapped potential and supporting their continuous improvement.
As an important team member, you will collaborate on engagements to deliver meaningful change through strategic and holistic internal audit programs.
You will provide commercially focussed, risk advisory services to a diverse range of clients by:
- Assisting with the delivery of internal audits covering diverse topics ranging from back-office administration (e.g. Payroll, Accounts Payable) to bespoke operational areas and core business (e.g. NDIS, Real Estate Licence Management, Volunteer Management).
- Assisting with the delivery of business process improvement reports to help our clients reduce risk exposures and streamline processes.
- Developing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Working closely with Managers and Partners to coordinate the delivery of internal audit programs.
You will be supported and empowered to liaise directly with clients and have direct access to Partners and Managers from the moment you step into the organisation.
Some examples of recent work undertaken by Analysts are:
- Working with a disability services provider to assess their implementation of the NDIS.
- Assessment of a large Victorian TAFE’s compliance with key regulatory obligations.
- Payroll under-payment investigations, which have identified underpayment for various clients across many sectors (disability/aged care, labour hire, local government, apprentices/trainees).
What you bring
You have experience or a keen interest in working in an internal audit role within a professional services firm. We are open to a range of tertiary disciplines such as Commerce, Law, Science and IT.
You bring a can-do attitude and be willing to put your hand up, have a go, and step outside your comfort zone. With a track record of working in teams and collaborating, you naturally problem-solve, are curious and have an appetite for learning and self-development.
Solutions focused, you embrace ambiguity and can uncover key insights to deliver commercial outcomes for clients. You are an effective communicator and can translate technical jargon to non-technical stakeholders, whilst building rapport, influencing, and negotiating when required.
You have a flexible mindset and are looking for a role where you can learn and develop your knowledge and skills within a collaborative team.
Candidates with 1-2 years of external audit experience are also encouraged to apply.
Why we’re the right fit for you
In the Risk Services division, we have a passion for working with clients where we can make a difference. Our client base includes organisations within local and state government, not-for-profit organisations in disability, aged care and health, as well as education and other community focussed-organisations.
You will work closely with clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Strong opportunities for career progression;
- Regular technical training and innovative professional development;
- 14 weeks paid parental leave accessible after 6 months;
- Close interaction with partners across the firm;
- Purchased leave program;
- A supportive social environment;and
- Opportunities to participate in community-focused projects.
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
Click here to learn more about what its like to work at Pitcher Partners Melbourne.
In line with public health advice, interviews may be conducted virtually, and the successful candidate may commence working from home.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.
While we appreciate the role recruitment agencies play in our recruitment strategy, unsolicited CV’s will not be considered at this time.