Pitcher Partners is a leading network of independent Australian firms, working together to enable growth and ambition for our clients. And our people.
When you join Pitcher Partners, you’re joining a team with heart. We support each other. We learn together. We’re deliberate about fostering relationships that nurture and empower every individual.
And we’re excited by what’s possible. We know some of the best new ideas come in the form of curious, talented people we haven’t met yet. Perhaps you’re one of them.
We are a team of 23 partners and 240 people that is growing to meet the demand of our clientele.
About the role and key responsibilities
We have an exciting full-time (or part-time) opportunity available for an External Audit Manager to join our Audit Division as a Practice Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing all areas of practice management for the Audit Division, including:
- Acting as the key coordinator for the Audit Division, managing implementation of strategic initiatives and projects driven by the Partner team
- Preparation of divisional budgets including resource planning & monthly reporting (as supported by the firm’s finance team)
- Co-ordinate meetings for the manager team, including preparation of agendas and management of action points
- Manage job resourcing scheduling process and work flow
- Manage the staff development & monitoring of the performance management processes
- Assistance with staff recruitment
- Management of staff training schedules and assist / co-ordinate the preparation of internal training materials
- Manage audit quality control processes/ divisional risk management processes
- Assist with the roll out of efficiency initiatives and internal IT projects
- Management and reporting of client feedback
- Co-ordinate and organise audit team social and team building events
Who we’re after
Here are the key qualifications, skills and personal attributes we’re looking for. If you tick most of the boxes, but not all, we’d still encourage you to apply. Other capabilities you have may make you the perfect fit for the role, and we can work on filling the gaps together.
- Previous Audit Manager/Senior Manager experience in either a Big 4 or Mid-tier audit firms
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Agile with the ability to look and think ahead
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to ‘take the lead’
- Friendly disposition and a team player
- Display initiative and an investigative, solution-orientated approach to the business
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Establish strong working relationships and when required, manage upwards to drive outcomes
- Desire to move beyond the audit file, and develop skills to manage and grow a business
What we offer
At Pitcher Partners we believe success is better shared. That’s why we invest in the future of everyone who works with us, and a culture that supports us all. Our inhouse leadership and professional development programs are tailored to your staff level and each explore how to lead with impact.
Join a team with heart
We actively support your health and social connection with a vibrant culture, great flexible working policy, paid parental leave, Employee Assistance program and more.
Do work with a purpose
We put a lot of energy into developing meaningful relationships with our clients and each other. It results in a level of trust that creates surprising opportunities for our business. And your career.
Bring your best ideas
We’re inspired by potential. We know there’s always a better way to do something. So we foster an environment of openness. Great ideas can come from anywhere. It all starts with listening.
- Flexible Work Arrangements – ‘Work Where you need to Be’
- Income Protection Insurance
- Free fortnightly lunch
- Discounted health insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Active social club
- Regular sporting and team events
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Dress for your day policy
- Modern, city-central office environment with lavish end of trip facilities
How to apply
If you can see yourself as part of a team that’s all about people doing meaningful work, and leading with the best ideas, we want to hear from you. Submit your application via the link.
Actively improving diversity in our workforce is central to our purpose, and we strongly encourage people from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.?
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
While we appreciate the role recruitment agencies play in our recruitment strategy, unsolicited CV’s will not be considered.