Your new career
A unique opportunity has become available at Pitcher Partners Brisbane to further expand our People Services consulting offering and Private Business and Family Advisory (PBFA) division.
This new Senior Accountant / Supervisor role provides you with a hybrid career. We are looking for someone who will take a lead role in providing clients with effective employment-related tax solutions and has an appetite for becoming a multi-disciplined advisor in general accounting & taxation compliance and advisory to some of Australia’s most exciting middle market businesses.
You will play an integral role in growing our service offering by identifying and pursuing business development opportunities.
Key components of your new role:
People Services Tax
- Developing relationships with leaders to support and expand services to clients.
- Providing expert advice and assistance to clients across the full range of employment tax matters including FBT, Payroll Tax, Salary Packaging, Workers’ Compensation, Superannuation Guarantee.
- Employment Taxes Due Diligence services.
- Employee Share Scheme advice and reporting.
- Inbound and outbound individual tax residency advice.
Private Business & Family Advisory
- Reviewing client files and preparing first draft financial accounts and tax documents for management review.
- Demonstrating an eagerness to develop your skills to prepare and deliver on complex accounting and taxation engagements that consistently exceed your clients’ expectations.
- Being a regular point of contact for your clients to assist in managing workflow and client expectations, ensuring consistency in exceptional client service.
- Delegate with responsibility to team members and assist with developing junior members of the team.
What you will bring
You are degree qualified (accounting and/or law are highly regarded), have completed or are completing your CA/CPA/TIA qualification and have experience in the application of various employment taxation matters in a professional environment.
To enable you to assist the team to deliver commercial advice to a range of clients, you are eager to go beyond the specialist advisory and build a multi-disciplined career including general accounting & taxation advisory and compliance to middle market businesses. You have strong time management skills and can manage conflicting deadlines and interpret relevant legislation.
You are inquisitive, enjoy legal research and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills making the complex comprehensible for our clients.
With a desire to develop a successful career in the middle market advisory and compliance space, you are motivated to learn, be challenged, and mentored.
In return, the successful applicant will be rewarded with a number of benefits including:
- Flexible Work Arrangements – ‘Work Where you need to Be’
- Income Protection Insurance
- Free fortnightly lunch
- Discounted health insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Active social club
- Regular sporting and team events
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Dress for your day policy
- Modern, city-central office environment with lavish end of trip facilities
Join a team with heart
We actively support your health and social connection with a vibrant culture, great flexible working policy, paid parental leave, Employee Assistance program and more.
Do work with a purpose
We put a lot of energy into developing meaningful relationships with our clients and each other. It results in a level of trust that creates surprising opportunities for our business. And your career.
Bring your best ideas
We’re inspired by potential. We know there’s always a better way to do something. We foster an environment of openness. Great ideas can come from anywhere. It all starts with listening.
How to apply
If you can see yourself as part of a team that’s all about people doing meaningful work, and leading with the best ideas, we want to hear from you. Submit your application via the link.
Actively improving diversity in our workforce is central to our purpose, and we strongly encourage people from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
While we appreciate the role recruitment agencies play in our recruitment strategy, unsolicited CV’s will not be considered.