JRB Services Pty Ltd (trading as Pitcher Partners) is a leading network of independent Australian firms, working together to enable growth and ambition for our clients. And our people.
When you join Pitcher Partners, you’re joining a team with heart. We support each other. We learn together. We’re deliberate about fostering relationships that nurture and empower every individual. And we’re excited by what’s possible. We know some of the best new ideas come in the form of curious, talented people we haven’t met yet. Perhaps you’re one of them.
We are a team of 21 partners and 230 people that is growing to meet the demand of our clientele.
About the role
As an Auditor, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse and interesting client base including ASX listed companies across a broad range of industry sectors including Mining, Technology, Financial Services, Property, Education, Health and Not for Profit. The successful applicant will be working with Partners, Directors and Manager who have extensive audit knowledge. The top quality client base and highly skilled team will ensure you are continually challenged.
This is a permanent full-time role, Monday to Friday, based in the Brisbane CBD office. The successful candidate will be required to travel to clients which may involve weekly or fortnightly stays.
The successful candidate will be required to work from the Brisbane, Queensland office (this is not a remote working role). For international applicants, we will assist the right person with relocation expenses.
- Liaising with clients concerning audit and accounting queries;
- Collating and document audit evidence over material balances and transactions recorded in financial reports;
- Drafting of annual financial reports;
- Conducting and document audit planning and completion procedures;
- Conducting statutory audits with general purpose financial reporting;
- Assisting senior staff with ad-hoc assignments;
- Reviewing audit work papers prepared over straightforward areas by junior audit staff;
- Completing other assurance engagements as they arise
Who we’re after
Here are the key qualifications, skills and personal attributes we’re looking for. If you tick most of the boxes, but not all, we’d still encourage you to apply. Other capabilities you have may make you the perfect fit for the role, and we can work on filling the gaps together.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a Commerce or Business degree majoring in Accounting, currently studying CA/CPA. With at least 1 ½ years’ experience as an External Auditor ideally within a mid-tier or top-tier audit firm, you will have:
- An understanding of assurance/audit skills and of audit techniques and methods
- An understanding of IFRS or Australian Accounting Standards (AASB), Australian Auditing Standards (ASA) and relevant legislation applicable to assurance engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional client skills, including the ability to build and maintain a good working relationship with the client and a proactive approach to managing client expectations and the assurance engagement
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in relation to applications of the Microsoft Office Package
What we offer
At Pitcher Partners we believe success is better shared. That’s why we invest in the future of everyone who works with us, and a culture that supports us all. Our inhouse leadership and professional development programs are tailored to your staff level and each explore how to lead with impact.
Join a team with heart
We actively support your health and social connection with a vibrant culture, great flexible working policy, paid parental leave, Employee Assistance program and more.
Do work with a purpose
We put a lot of energy into developing meaningful relationships with our clients and each other. It results in a level of trust that creates surprising opportunities for our business. And your career.
Bring your best ideas
We’re inspired by potential. We know there’s always a better way to do something. So we foster an
environment of openness. Great ideas can come from anywhere. It all starts with listening.
- Flexible Work Arrangements – ‘Work Where you need to Be’
- Income Protection Insurance?
- Free fortnightly lunch
- Discounted health insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Active social club
- Regular sporting and team events
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Dress for your day policy
- Modern, city-central office environment with lavish end of trip facilities
How to apply
If you can see yourself as part of a team that’s all about people doing meaningful work, and leading with the best ideas, we want to hear from you. Submit your application via the link.
Actively improving diversity in our workforce is central to our purpose, and we strongly encourage people from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
The base salary for this role starts at $68,000 + superannuation + bonus incentives.