How does this role support Parent Professionals?
At Pitcher Partners, we understand that family time is just as important as your work life. In return for your hard work and commitment to the firm, this role offers flexible and supportive working arrangements. Tailored to parent professionals, the successful applicant will be rewarded with unique benefits including:
- 6 weeks additional paid leave to be taken during school holiday periods (excluding busy season from mid-July to mid-November)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Modern and contemporary office environment
- Discounted health insurance
- Active social club and regular team events
- An inclusive and supportive team culture
Outside of the school holiday periods, this will be a full-time role, Monday to Friday.
Your new career
An exciting new role has become available within the Audit Division at Pitcher Partners to support your professional career and to easily balance both work and professional life. The successful applicant will bring a foundation in Audit (which you may have not worked in for a number of years) together with their commercial focus to our clients and team.? Reporting to the Audit Manager(s) or Directors, you will be responsible for planning audit engagements and ensuring outcomes comply with internal quality compliance and Australian Auditing Standards. In this role, effective project management skills and organisational skills are essential. Key outcomes must be achieved to a high standard, both technical accounting/audit and client relationship management. The successful applicant will be available to commence work in April 2022.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate effective project management skills for an allocated pipeline of audit engagements
- Liaise directly with clients’ finance staff to deliver the audit engagement that is aligned with the client needs and the firm’s audit methodology
- Design of audit programs in response of matters identified in the planning section, including tests of control, analytical procedures and substantive audit procedures
- Have strong communication skills and provide regular updates to their team on the status of their audit engagements as well as significant audit issues identified
- Ensure that regular, consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Complete other assurance engagements as they arise e.g. Review Engagements
- Contribute toward a positive and supportive audit team culture, and assist audit staff to manage priorities and navigate through audit peak periods
- Deliver high quality audit services, this includes:
- engagement management
- conducting and documenting audit planning and completion procedures
- drafting the report to the audit committee / board of directors
- review / compilation of statutory financial statements prepared under IFRS and relevant regulations
- preparing the audit opinion over the financial statements under relevant regulations
What you will bring
As an ideal candidate, you will have a Commerce or Business degree majoring in Accounting, CA/CPA qualified. With at least 4 years’ experience as an External Auditor with a mid-tier or top-tier audit firm, you will have:
- Demonstrated commercial and client focus
- Established assurance/audit skills and an understanding of audit techniques and methods. Pitcher Partners will provide support to retransition back into Audit if required.
- An understanding of IFRS or Australian Accounting Standards (AASB), Australian Auditing Standards (ASA) and relevant legislation applicable to assurance engagements
- Refined ability to manage multiple deadlines with flexibility where client and team needs shift
- Continually strives for improvement in expertise thought leadership through professional development opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in relation to Microsoft Office Packages
Why we’re the right fit for you
Pitcher Partners’ (JRB Services Pty Ltd trading as Pitcher Partners Brisbane) aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that is supportive of your needs and enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a career path that suits your interests and expertise and be recognised and rewarded for your contribution to shared successes. Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, public companies, large family owned businesses, local government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a broad range of industries.
You will work closely with your assigned clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- Close interaction with partners, directors, managers and a dedicated mentor
- Regular technical training and innovative professional development
- A collaborative and supportive team environment to enable you to realise your potential within your flexible working arrangements
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
If you believe you have the skills, motivation and the commitment required for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and academic transcript via the link below.
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.