We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Audit Partners, you will be responsible for managing audit engagements, supervising audit staff during the engagement and ensuring documentation in the audit files meet internal quality and Australian Audit Standards. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse and interesting client base including listed companies across a broad range of industry sectors including Mining, Technology, Financial Services, Property, Education, Health and Not for Profit.
This is a permanent full-time role, Monday to Friday, based in the Brisbane CBD office. The successful candidate will be required to travel to clients which may involve weekly or fortnightly stays.
- Leading, developing and mentoring staff
- Managing a portfolio of audit clients, with consistent delivery of quality work which meets all regulatory requirements on time and to budget
- Day-to-day team management, scheduling, audit file preparation and reviews etc
- Fostering great relationships with clients, including executive management, through the delivery of the audit and communicating findings
- Undertaking business development opportunities with existing and potential clients
- Representing the Assurance Division within the firm and the marketplace
- Other assurance engagements as and when they arise
Who we’re after
Here are the key qualifications, skills and personal attributes we’re looking for. If you tick most of the boxes, but not all, we’d still encourage you to apply. Other capabilities you have may make you the perfect fit for the role, and we can work on filling the gaps together.
As an ideal candidate, you will have 5 or more years’ experience in a professional external audit environment with an accounting related Bachelor degree and membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or equivalent. You will have:
- Established assurance/audit skills and an understanding of audit techniques and methods
- An understanding of Australian Accounting Standards (AASB), Australian Auditing Standards (ASA) and relevant legislation applicable to assurance engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional client skills, including the ability to build and maintain a good working relationship with the client and a proactive approach to managing client expectations and the assurance engagement
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in relation to applications of the Microsoft Office Package
What we offer
At Pitcher Partners we believe success is better shared. That’s why we invest in the future of everyone who works with us, and a culture that supports us all. Our inhouse leadership and professional development programs are tailored to your staff level and each explore how to lead with impact.
Join a team with heart
We actively support your health and social connection with a vibrant culture, great flexible working policy, paid parental leave, Employee Assistance program and more.
Do work with a purpose
We put a lot of energy into developing meaningful relationships with our clients and each other. It results in a level of trust that creates surprising opportunities for our business. And your career.
Bring your best ideas
We’re inspired by potential. We know there’s always a better way to do something. So we foster an environment of openness. Great ideas can come from anywhere. It all starts with listening.
- Flexible Work Arrangements – ‘Work Where you need to Be’
- Income Protection Insurance
- Free fortnightly lunch
- Discounted health insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Active social club
- Regular sporting and team events
- Mental health support via our Employee Assistance Program
- Dress for your day policy
- Modern, city-central office environment with lavish end of trip facilities
How to apply
If you can see yourself as part of a team that’s all about people doing meaningful work, and leading with the best ideas, we want to hear from you. Submit your application via the link.
Actively improving diversity in our workforce is central to our purpose, and we strongly encourage people from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
While we appreciate the role recruitment agencies play in our recruitment strategy, unsolicited CV’s will not be considered.