Tim is a Director in Taxation Services at Pitcher Partners Perth.
Tim specialises in the Australian indirect taxes, which include the goods and services tax (GST), fuel tax credits, customs duties, the product stewardship for oil (PSO) program, wine equalisation tax (WET), land tax, landholder duty, payroll tax and transfer duty (stamp duty).
Tim previously worked within and managed specialist indirect tax teams with the Big 4 accounting firms. Tim also assisted with the implementation of the GST in Malaysia through fellow Baker Tilly member firm Baker Tilly Monteiro Heng.
Tim regularly presents to technical professionals (legal and accounting) on Australian indirect taxes. He has been invited to present at legal conferences, state conventions and Tax Institute audiences. Tim is also a committee member of the technical committee of the Tax Institute in Western Australia.
Tim is well placed to assist with the complexities of indirect taxes, particularly in the context of set-up, key transactions (M&A, restructuring) and tax authority disputes (ATO, OSR).
Areas of Expertise
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Fuel Tax Credits
- Customs Duties
- Product Stewardship for Oil (PSO) Program
- Wine Equalisation Tax (WET)
- Land Tax
- Landholder Duty
- Payroll Tax
- Transfer Duty (Stamp Duty)
- International Trade
- Banking & Financial Services
- Mining & Mining Services
- Court Cases & Legal Disputes
- Not-for-Profit & Charities
Memberships & Qualifications
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Committee Member of the WA Technical Committee of the Tax Institute
- Master of Applied Taxation (with Excellence)
- Graduate Diploma in Taxation Law
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours)
Services & Specialisations