Marcus is a Client Director in the Business Recovery and Insolvency division of Pitcher Partners. Marcus has over 17 years’ experience in respect of all forms and aspects of personal and corporate insolvencies including a year in the UK.
Marcus is currently managing the liquidation of a number of the companies of the Tyrecorp Group, Snowy Mountain Group, a Westpoint entity and the administration of a large Deceased Bankrupt Estate. Other significant experience includes a receivership of a formwork company that was a key to the redevelopment of the Southern Cross Station precinct.
Marcus has provided forensic accounting services to banks and solicitors in respect of funds, asset tracing and frauds.
Significant Engagement Experience
- Members’ Voluntary Liquidations for high net worth families, distributing hundreds of millions to the members
- Managing a liquidation with proceedings before the High Court of Australia dealing with insurance claims
- Proceedings on foot in respect of Insolvent Trading claims each in excess of $1.5 million
- Regular presenter to discussion groups
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate insolvencies including receiverships,liquidations, voluntary administrations and Deed of Company Arrangement
- Members’ Voluntary Liquidations (Solvent Liquidation)
- Personal insolvencies, including bankruptcy and personal insolvency agreements
- Solvency assessments
- Litigation support
- Professional services
- Wholesale and retail
Memberships & Qualifications
- Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)(Swinburne University of Technology)
- Insolvency Education Program (ARITA/University of Southern Queensland)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
Services & Specialisations