Josh has been working in public practice for over 10 years focusing on the taxation issues affecting private clients.
He has detailed knowledge of the Self-managed Superannuation Fund sector, helping Trustees to comply with the legislative requirements as well as implementing live reporting solutions for Trustees to effectively manage their retirement savings in a timely manner.
Josh has spent time in Melbourne’s Pitcher Partners specialist SMSF advice division, developing strategies alongside Trustees to maximise members' retirement savings while ensuring wealth is passed smoothly to the next generation.
He also has a wide understanding of the various taxation issues affecting inbound and outbound clients providing advice on how to plan and manage a change in tax residency status.
Areas of Expertise
- Tax residency advice: inbound and outbound clients
- Tax structuring for outbound investments
- Rollovers from foreign superannuation funds
- Forex gains and losses
- SMSF compliance and administration
- Management of excess contributions
- Limited recourse borrowing arrangements
- Insurance: type/deductability/accessibility
- CGT tax concessions
- Investment restrictions
- Property development
- Estate planning
- Planning of trustee absences
- Health care
Memberships & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- Member of the SMSF Association
- SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA)
Services & Specialisations
Information in business is the key to being able to make the right decisions at the right ...Discover More
A key business strategy for any organisation is to manage their tax obligation at the same...Discover More
Tax affects every individual, public, private and multinational company, each with their o...Discover More
The business structure should balance between your short and long term objectives, success...Discover More
Forging the future of your business beyond the boundaries of today requires strategic plan...Discover More
The preparation and maintenance of an Estate Plan is an effective way of ensuring that a p...Discover More
In an increasingly complex and regulated environment, engaging the right professionals to ...Discover More
Back to People